Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Fitness and Martial Arts



Martial Arts and Fitness

    For years I have been working on these dual paths between fitness and martial arts, trying to understand where they intersect. I have multiple experiences in the world of sports, fitness, and martial arts. I have been doing one or  more of these disciplines for more than 40 years. I have a plethora of experience to draw from and help others in many ways. 

    My first sports were track and basketball in elementary school. I went on to compete in track and field in college, and took up martial arts my first year studying at the university. Since then, I have coached, competed, trained, and developed my skills and understanding of all the different facets of multiple sports and the training requirements needed to maintain and excel on multiple levels. Every person, athlete, and martial artist comes to the table with a different set of skills, needs, and expectations. One of the great benefits of martial arts is the philosophy of life and training. Training is a process and a way of life, something that we grow with and evolves over time. It is this unique philosophy that I bring to my creation of Alameda Kenpo Karate and Fitness. We address the needs of every person and athlete as an individual.

    Every person has a need to for self expression of their skill and craft, be it jumping, running, kicking, martial arts, track and field, soccer, or just general fitness. Movement is an expression of the human experience. It is my goal to help develop the ability of every person to move better, live better, be more healthy, and understand the capabilities of the human body regardless of the context or condition which a person is in or is coming from. 

    Every person has a warrior inside of them. Training brings out that confidence and ability to tackle challenges and become more fit in this world that forces us to adapt and evolve at every turn. Training in sports, fitness, or martial arts is a pathway to becoming more adaptable to the world around you, whatever the case may be. I encourage you to follow this blog, or ever join me, in our training as we develop our potential to take on the world each day, whatever life we are choosing to live. That is what training is about, giving us the stamina, skills, ability, and adaptability to do the best we can at every turn. 

    I am truly happy and excited to be able to help people with their fitness, athletic, or martial arts journey. It is what has helped make me who I am today, and I have met some great people on this path who have enriched my experience in life. Join our family and see what it is like here. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cardio vs. Weight Training When You are Low on Time

       This is one of those age old arguments that fitness people have. Which is better? Is it cardio? Is it weight training? I ...